Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I'm sorry, I need help with a camera. Canon EOS20D. PC, and

Customer Question

I'm sorry, I need help with a camera.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon EOS20D
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, and I think Windows 10?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First it was a problem with the battery, but I took caare of that. Then when I tried to hook up to the computer I didn't have a driver. I went online downloaded what I understood to be a driver, Digital Photo Professional 4. Then I find out my firmware need updating and I don't know how to do that.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will the firmware fix allow me to hook up with the computer? Will I then be able to download my pictures?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Your Canon EOS20D does not support Window 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. Unfortunately, there are no drivers that will allow you to connect your camera to your computer to upload your photos. If you have a memory card reader or a memory card slot on your computer, you can remove the memory card from your camera and insert it into the card slot and transfer photos directly that way. Please let me know if you need any guidance on obtaining a memory card reader.

Digital Photo Professional 4 is an advanced photo editing software application for processing photos that have been transferred to your computer. It is not a driver for your camera.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICES. I WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.