Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I am try \ing. I am trying to print. The only thing that I

Customer Question

I am try \ing
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I am trying to print. The only thing that I get is a blank page. All new carti. What am I doing wrong?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: MAC
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is only printing a blank.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know the make and model no. of the printer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cannon pixma
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

There are hundreds of models of Pixma, let me know the model no. otherwise it will be very difficult to give you the specific information.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mg5320
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

OK, did you tried any type of cleaning?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No cleaning. What do I clean.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

OK, wait for my instructions.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to two reasons, one clogged nozzles and two defective printhead, as you have not tried any cleaning, I will recommend you to clean the printhead following the steps from the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114146&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1510442514681

If the problem persist then, try to deep clean the printhead, if still the problem persist then, unfortunately the printhead is defective and you have to replace it to solve the problem, as that is the final solution for this problem.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114146&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1510442514681#deep

Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Did you try the printhead cleaning?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My printer is dead and I bought another one. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

You could have solved the problem by replacing the printhead, but you did not reply me back after trying the first set of solutions. Anyway, let me know if you face any problem otherwise, please remember to give a rating for my time and effort.