Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Envy 5660. It has recently started making

Customer Question
Hi John, I...

Hi John, I have an HP Envy 5660. It has recently started making grinding noises when it starts to print and continues all the way thru the paper being finished. Also, the text is fading out

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's an HP Envy 5660 and is about 3 ys old. I can't find any info on lubricating rollers although I have used the clean cartridge and paper smear applications

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a new Dell Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started about a month ago...I am not a heavy printer so...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that when using the clean cartridge app, the grinding noise is gone when the paper ejects. However, the lines/texts are still fading out in places

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

The first thing we need to do here is :

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Please take a print once you followed the above and get back to me.

Thanks,

Kumar

The noise Is gone but nothing is printing.y ink says low but not out

Are you using new Ink Cartridges?