Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Pixma pro-100 printer prints fine with 4x6 and 5x7 paper but…

Customer Question
Pixma pro-100 printer prints...

Pixma pro-100 printer prints fine with 4x6 and 5x7 paper but today will not print on letter size and sends page through blank. Worked find last week. What has changes?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Don't know, maybe 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC OS Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today. no change otherwise. just got through printing a stack of 4x6 without problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

With use of a new MAC recently, the cropping on the printer is funny, and I don't see an option to control how a photo lays on the paper

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/11/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 8 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try cleaning the printhead of your printer. Cleaning unclogs the nozzles and restores the print head condition. Please try cleaning two or three times and check the response. Follow the instructions below.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
  2. Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white once, then release it immediately.
    The printer starts cleaning the print head.
    When the POWER lamp is lit white after flashing, the cleaning will be complete.
    Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 2 to 3 minutes.

Then, try printing nozzle check pattern. Follow the instructions below.

1. Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the rear tray.

Important: The manual feed tray is not available for the nozzle check pattern print. Be sure to load paper in the rear tray.
  2. Open the paper output tray gently, then pull out the output tray extension.

Important: If the inner cover is open, close it.

3. Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white twice, then release it immediately.
    The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the printing of the nozzle check pattern.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Print test comes out perfect. Problem NOT solved. Letter size paper processes through and does not print, while other sizes of paper print without any problem.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>