Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was trying to clear a paper jam and it shut down. It only…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to clear a paper jam and it shut down. It only starts If I unplug it and plug it in again. But then it gives the error message about not shutting down with a plug strip and then it shuts down.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP officejet 9610 all in one

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yesterday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/11/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 8 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

My hp officejet 7610 all in one will not power up, so you cannot connect to it

Understood.

Any error message showing?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

My hp7610 powers up if unplugged and then plugged in . It gives the message, do not turn off with a power strip of wall plug because it might damage the printer , then it shuts down

Understood.

Can we please try the following:

Try powering off the printer, pull the power cable out of the printer, wait for 1 minute, then put the power cable back in.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I have done that several times. This response window disappears!

Understood.

How is the printer connected? through usb cable or a network/wifi?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

network. The problem has nothing to do with the computer. It is the hp officejet 7610 boot protocol that is the problem

Understood.

Have you tried a (hard) reset of the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I do not know how

I understand.

From the display menu of the printer, are you able to get into the settings of the printer?

Or does the display directly comes with that error message?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

it goes directly to the error message. The menu does not access anything

Understood.

Do you know the ip adres of the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I do not see it anywhere

Understood.

When you go into the router, do you see the IP adres of the printer there?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

do you work for HP?

I understand.

No, I do not work for HP.

When we know the IP adres of the printer, we can get into the webpage of the printer.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I am wasting your time and my money and I am signing off

I understand, I am sorry to read this.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

Jeff