Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an hp 4630 used with a mac computer. It keeps telling…

Customer Question
I have an hp...

I have an hp 4630 used with a mac computer. It keeps telling me that it is idle. What does this mean?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hp office jet 4530 series. It is about 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Mas OS Sierra 10.12.6

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/11/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 9 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Idle means that the printer is on stand-by waiting for a print job to be sent to it.

Idle does not mean anything is wrong. It is a status to let you know that the printer is on but it is "idle" or just waiting for a print job to be sent.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

I have it fixed

Thank you for replying back -- Your question asked the meaning of the idling message and I was able to answer that for you.