Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brand new and wont pick up paper. Workforce wf-2760

Customer Question
Brand new and wont...

Brand new and wont pick up paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Workforce wf-2760 delivered today

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc i think it is 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since i removed it from the box 30 +/- min ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/11/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are the printer is not picking paper from the tray, If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:

• Make sure the paper cassette is inserted all the way in the printer.
  • If paper does not feed correctly, remove and reload it in the cassette and adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette.
  • If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
  • Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
  • Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
  • If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
  • For best results, follow these guidelines:
    • Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
    • Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
    • Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you