Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just put new ink in my printer (XP420) and it will not…

Customer Question
I just put new...

I just put new ink in my printer (XP420) and it will not print in black and white. It prints in red instead of black. It was doing this before I changed all the ink cartridges and it used up all the red and yellow so that is why I changed them all.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

XP 420 and I am using Epson cartridges 220.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A PC and I am using windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A month or so. I tried to print and it printed all red so I pondered if I wanted to buy a new printer or try to get this one to work. I finally decided to get new ink and see if it would print correctly now but it wont.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/11/2017
Technician: hongkongpom, Technician replied 9 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Technician

Hello if you copy a document does it also print as red please?

Hello I will assume it does. As you have changed the ink and done a cleaning of the ink cartridges then the problem points to the printer head.

You will need to clean it by following the videos found here click me

With ink jets you should aim to use them at lease weekly to keep the jets and ink tubes clear.