Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Help! Canon MX922...paper tray won't open....what could be…

Customer Question
Help! Canon MX922...paper tray...

Help! Canon MX922...paper tray won't open....what could be wrong. I'm a woman, 68 :) :)...........and a widow. :(

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Got at costco 3-4 years ago

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac.......OS-something

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Months I could always hurt my fingers wiggling it out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Connect how?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/10/2017
Technician: ITCris, Technician replied 5 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started.

Please remove the power from the printer at the back and see if you can pull the bottom tray. Let me know the results.

2 parts to this tray....One part of printer is out, other half of tray can't wiggle out.
Can't pull out tray.
I think it's going to take hands on.

I will not be able to resolve your printer issue with remote support.

Did you try my solution?

It's not a software/hardware issue. I knew it would take hands on. Do I pay for you to tell me that?Where is a canon repair place I can take it to....Please.

Yes, I can guide you on what to do and if not provide you a canon number to setup for printer swap.

Did you try my solution? Does the tray not budge?

He said he couldn't help, so did I pay for anything??Where can I take it??
of course I tried......unhook plug in back. does not budge.

Can you turn over the printer and try to pull on the tray out from the bottom and let me know.

still stuck anyway you pull on it.
Where can I take it?
Won’t budge if turned over
Where can I take it?

OK, give me a moment I will provide you info.

Contact Canon Printer Support. They will want to walk you trough couple troubleshooting steps but once determined the tray has malfunctioned they will set you up with a trade.

They will ship you another printer and return label. You pack up the printer with issue in the same package and ship back the damaged printer. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

1-***-***-****

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. If you feel the need to rate negative please reply back.

I have asked twice what I am paying?Is that ---2666 # where I call the printer support?

Yes, that is correct.

3rd time...........what am I paying??

You had reached justanswer.com a site which provides expert support. I can help troubeshoot the issue with you and with certain situations provide remote support.

ITCris
ITCris
ITCris, Technician