Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer. It was working…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer. It was working fine until today. Now it is giving me a message "... Unable to scan, copy or send a fax. ..." in addition it tells me that "... There is a problen with the printer or ink sysyte. Turn the printer off and then on. If problem persist contact HP. ..." . I didt it as advised. the printe keeps telling me the same thing. I went and removed the ink cartriges and install them again. The problem persist.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Can you help me out Thanks

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is the second time this happen. the first one I took it to Staples and the technician was able to put it to work. He just move a little bit the ink cartridges carrier a little bit and the printer began to work. That was about two month ago. I have dome the same thing but it does not work. Please help me out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.