Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just put the used cartridges into the printer and aligned…

Customer Question
I just put the...

I just put the used cartridges into the printer and aligned them as it said to do. Now I tried printing and the printer is just sitting there looking at me. I don't believe it and the computer are communicating. I am a Snowbird in AZ and just returned.to AZ. I have the same printer in IA and AZ so I thought by putting in the cartridges and aligning them my printer would work. What now?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

It is am HP Envy 4502.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is an PC Microsoft 10 operating system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened a couple of times after I had gone back to IA last spring and I just took it to where I had bought the computer and they fixed it so they talked to each other again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I had just reinserted the cartridges and gone through the alignment process.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/10/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 9 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.