Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My computer will recognize the printer. It says it is turned…

Customer Question
My computer will recognize...

My computer will recognize the printer. It says it is turned off. I tried re-booting both my computer and the printer and it did not change anything, so I tried in-installing the printer. It still does not find the printer so I am unable to re-install it. I've had the printer for 8 months and it has worked fine until now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

WF-3620 8 months old??

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started yesterday afternoon. Nothing strange happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason