Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer stopped at the end of several pages I was printing…

Customer Question
Printer stopped at the...

Printer stopped at the end of several pages I was printing and just said print head problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Officejet 7510 - 15 to 18 months

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just did it and was printing plan drawings

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

That didn't solve the problem

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.