Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error light keeps flashing. 2270dw. Pc. The printer was

Customer Question
Error light keeps flashing ...

Error light keeps flashing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

2270dw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The printer was printing too many copies so I just turned it off, says there are 5 documents waiting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I held the go button down, opened the front door, and it is still flashing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

still flashing

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I only signed up for a $5 question. I have been charged $26 and $5.
Your brief solution did not solve the problem.
I will not pay $52 for more.
Why was i charged $26

That is the charge for this service, it is not a free service, and it is a case of eliminating the common causes for this, you need to work with me through past just the initial instructions I gave you

I misunderstood the offer. I thought $5 answered one question.
Will never fall for this again.

ok no problem, though the price is shown when you make the question, which is going to cost you a lot more then getting a techinician

All the best with your issue

Thanks.

You're welcome

OK. We’re done!

ok

Our communication is over. I bought a new printer.

ok, no need to respond then