Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A friend wanted to print a document from her phone. She had…

Customer Question
A friend wanted to...

A friend wanted to print a document from her phone. She had done this earlier in the day without problem, but this time she was asked for my WiFi password, then told it was the wrong one (it wasn't). After several tries, I suggested that she email the document to me and I would download and print it. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't print. I then discovered that the printed didn't connect at all to my computer, that a document on my desktop wouldn't print either.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Don't know--she's visiting friends out of town.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacMini

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Earlier the same day (Tuesday) we had both printed something, she from her phone and I from the internet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Actually, what I printed earlier wasn't from the internet; I had copied something online and then pasted it to a word document, and it printed. My printer is about 18 months old.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/10/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the make and model of the printer?

Thank you

Epson XP-830 Expression Premium 5 colors

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I've already paid $5. If you cannot help me for that amount, I should have been told that up front. I'm beginning suspect fraud.

The cost is more then $5, that is just the deposit, it was shown to you when you created the question as the question value.

Please contact customer service, they can explain the costs if you missed reading this.

Thank you

I am not willing to pay $39, and I was told that would be the charge only if I wanted faster service b switching to "secure remote assistance. I have unplugged the power cord and will let you know whether trying that makes any difference.

Ok, if you are not willing to pay for the service, I wont be able to help you as this is not a free service.. this is actually my livliehood.

Thank you and all the best

If it's not a free service then it should not appear to be. I had googled Epson printer customer service and JustAnswer came up, despite the fact that it has no connection to Epson. My bad for clicking on it, and for paying the $5 deposit fee. Unplugging the printer, by the way, had no effect. Next try I'll be sure I have Epson paid specialists.

No sorry this is not a free service