Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I accidentally filled up the wrong ink tank for new epson…

Customer Question
I accidentally filled up...

I accidentally filled up the wrong ink tank for new epson l1800 printer. Its never used and I filled up the wrong blue. What could I do to fix this? I didnt fill up any other tank, just the one, wrong one.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Epson L1800, its brand new

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It hasnt been connected to computer yet I wass filling up ink for the first time

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thats it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Have you tried printing since filling up the wrong tank?

Please let me know

No, I havent
I just filled up one tank in brand new printer

Thanks, ***** ***** limit the damage

What you are going to need is to get a Syringe to get the ink out, one such as this.

https://www.amazon.com/Syringes-refilling-Refillable-Cartridges-Continuous/dp/B006DN11DS

and use this to get the ink out of the tank.

Then you will need to us Q-tips to clean inside of it to the best of your ability, then do not let it dry out but fill the correct color in.

You will likely still have some color issues in the first 50 prints, as the ink that still on the walls of the tank is removed, but this will end and it will be back to normal.

The more you clean out before hand the sooner the color will be correct, and it is imperitive you do not let the ink dry while trying to clean it, so limit the cleaning to max 1 hour.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician