Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I moved from Kansas to Minnesota. Now my Cannon Pixma MG8220…

Customer Question
I moved from Kansas...

I moved from Kansas to Minnesota. Now my Cannon Pixma MG8220 won't respond when I try to print using WiFi - and I don't have a cord to connect it to my laptop. The error message says the problem may be due to a security firewall, but I never had that problem before.' My name is*****: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I think it is about 6 years old. No problem using it in Kansas. I am renting an apartment and it provides the WiFi. I'm not having any other problems with the WiFi service.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

A Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I relocated here for a 3-month stint, and have had this problem from the time I tried to use the printer for the first time here.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/10/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the operating system of the computer(Window10/8/7)? The reason why I am asking is we can try downloading the drivers and we can install the printer drivers in the computer.

Windows 10
No thanks.

I have attached the link for the printer driver. Download / Installation Procedures

1. Click the link, select [ Save ], specify "Save As", then click [ Save ] to download the file. Memo : If you select [ Run ] ( or [ Open ] ) instead of [ Save ], the file will be automatically installed after it is saved.

2. The downloaded file will be saved in the specified place in the self-extracting form ( .exe format ).

3. Double-click the downloaded EXE file to decompress it, then installation will start automatically.

Driver Link: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0100003674/02/mp68-win-mg8200-1_01-ejs.exe

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you