Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It jammed and now it's making a weird noise when I close the…

Customer Question
It jammed and now...

It jammed and now it's making a weird noise when I close the cover

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

5660 less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Envy 5660

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was printing a label and it jammed. I cleaned out the jam and took the top piece off inside (the one with the handle). When I put the piece back in, it started making that hoise noise*

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/10/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

What is the make and model of your printer? Please supply the manufacturer or the full model name (letters and numbers.

I found your printer reference information online. I did not see the word envy. That identified it as an HP Envy 5660. I apologize for not seeing that sooner. I can help you with it now. Please let me know when you are available to resolve the problem.

Please open the door to the carriage bay with the power on and see if you can observe any erratic motion of the carriage. Put your hands on the sides of the printer and determine whether you can feel it shaking violently. Then disconnect the power cable. In what position is the carriage located?

With one hand on the carriage and the other had on the printer body, try to move the carriage from side to side by applying a gentle amount of force. You should be able to apply just enough force to overcome moto friction. If the carriage will not move, there may be something obstructing it. You can use a small flashlight to look for any foreign matter on the carriage track that may be causing the carriage to be jammed or something in the space around the carriage preventing it from moving. Please let me know what happens.