Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It’s printing yellow. Even though all levels have color in…

Customer Question
It’s printing yellow Technician's...

It’s printing yellow

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Even though all levels have color in them

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Et-4550

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/9/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like your printer is printing only in yellow. In this case we can try to Nozzle check and clean the printer head. Some time if there is any clogged on the printer head you may be getting this issue. In this case you can clean the print head using the control panel on your printer, now follow the instruction given below for cleaning the printer head.

1. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.

2. Press the up or down arrow button, select Setup, and press the OK button.

3. Select Maintenance and press the OK button.

4. Press the up or down arrow button, select Print Head Cleaning, and press the OK button.

5. Press one of the Start buttons to start the cleaning cycle. The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is finished.

Caution: Never turn off the product or open the scanner unit during a cleaning cycle or you may not be able to print.

6. Press the OK button to run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is clean. 205 If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 3 times, turn off the product and wait at least 12 hours. Then check the print head nozzles and try cleaning the print head again

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer