Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MG5320 and it won't shut down. There is a…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MG5320 and it won't shut down. There is a blue symbol lit up looks like a microphone with two semi-circles on each side. not sure what that is

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Canon PIXMA MG5320. Bought in February 2012 so about 5 1/2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac, not sure what the operating system is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About half an hour. I was looking at a report on my email it was a R10.pdf form

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of, will it hurt to just unplug it and hope that fixes the problem

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I was out of time with you yesterday went ahead on my own and unplugged my printer, plugged it back in and it is fine. Tried to tell you guys that but was getting no where so ended up fixing it myself.

Ok, I did reply to you within a minute of your question, but perhaps you may have missed my message?

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Richard, Technician