Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer reads door open close print cartridgeaccessdoor. Hp…

Customer Question
Printer reads door open...

Printer reads door open close print cartridgeaccessdoor

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp officejet 6210 all in one maby 10yrs

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Hp110desktop pc series microsoft

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About a week ago nothing out of the ordinary

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I know

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/9/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

I understand your concern please follow these steps to resolve the issue:

Close the cartridge door completely
If the cartridge door is not completely closed, the error message displays.

1.Open, and then close the cartridge door of the product. Make sure that the door rests securely against the body of the product.

NOTE:To see how to close the cartridge door of your specific model, see the cartridge section of your product's User Guide.

2.Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

If the issue persists , see the next step.

Check the cartridge door for obstructions
1.Inspect the door and the area around it to make sure that no obstructions prevent the door from closing completely.

NOTE:Bits of paper, packing materials, and tape might prevent the door from closing completely.

2.Remove any obstructions.
3.Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

Let me know if that helps if it does not work we can try alternate solution.

did not help .I did all of the above before I asked for help. I was hoping for something more technical.please cancel any and all charges .
do no more . ask no more session over