Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new HP office jet printer 3830 all in one when I…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a new HP office jet printer 3830 all in one when I direct my Dell computer to print in color the Dell menu switches to monochrome, I called Dell and they said it was a printer problem.????

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

When the picture I have chosen to print in color which is in color on my computer and I choose the color field the field changes to monochrome and my HP prints in black and white not color like I want.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hi brand new, just bought in April this year, but not used until Oct. we were away

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell pc not sure of operating system it is an all in one cpu.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This was the first time I wanted to print in color, my printer has been printing in color that is it will copy in color.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you. Jackie

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/8/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me how you connected the computer to the printer? Is it through WiFi or USB?