Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an old HP Fax machine - model HP 1040 Fax - which…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old HP Fax machine - model HP 1040 Fax - which prints copies and uses HP-20 ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I need a different ink cartridge - what number can I ask for ?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I'm not using a computer. I'm using a Fax machine for copying

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

HP 1040 Fax

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No - just an equivalent ink cartridge

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 9 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I simply wish to know if there is an HP ink cartridge (similar to HP 20) that will fit
my Fax machine model HP 1040 Fax

Understood.

When I look on this website:https://www.4inkjets.com/HP-FAX-1040-printer-ink-cartridges-toner

I do see there are replacement Ink catridges.

Is this what you are searching for?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff