Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Getting a paper jam error when paper as been removed and…

Customer Question
Getting a paper jam...

Getting a paper jam error when paper as been removed and print carriage not moving

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp officejet pro 8610. 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

There was a paper jam and pulled sheet out in full. 2 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot exit error message on touch screen to enter main menu

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

ONLY RECENT, ON MONDAY

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

I HAVE RESET THE PRINTER ND CONFIRMED NO PAPER PEICES AND NO RESOLVE
JUST TO CONFIRM HOLD THE POWER BUTTON DOWN FOR 30 SECS WITH POWERCABLE NOT ATTACHED?
IF THAT IS CORRECT THEN DONE
WHAT DO I DO NOW?

Yep, did this help?

NO

Okay it seems to be a hardware fault.

It sounds like it, is it under extended warrenty?