Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP printer and it only prints in black and. I can…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP printer and it only prints in black and white. I can print a test page in color, but other prints will not come in color.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

HP Envy 4510 series

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We were away for 6 months and when I got here it didn't print in color even though the color said it was OK>

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is probably a software setting in need of correcting on your Windows PC.

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

I'm reseting my printer to 'factory defaults'. I'll see if that helps.

OK. If that reset involves reloading software on your computer, it might - if it is the right reloading, done right - cure the problem. But a reset of just the printer, may or may not cure the error or problem.

Let me know how it goes - I will instruct you as to what to do that is most likely to help, as needed.