Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP officejet pro 6830 will not print. instead it merely…

Customer Question
My HP officejet pro...

My HP officejet pro 6830 will not print. instead it merely sends the paper through the machine.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 years old. How much more model information is there than what I sent? If there is more, where do I find what you want?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started yesterday, before rebooting this morning, by telling me that it would fax the document when what I wanted was for it to print. I worked with the local help person who managed to locate the problem in the document and get rid of the fax nonsense, but because the problem was in the printer he could do no more for me. I.e., the document goes to the printed but it does not print.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

There is worrisome element. When I print a color picture on HP photo paper, it does not want to eject the paper and so I have to pull it out for the last 10% or so. I can live with that.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris