Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP 6700 and it says that it is connected to my…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP 6700 and it says that it is connected to my router via wireless connection. When I press the wireless icon it shows an IP. 192.168.1.125. However the printer application says this is incorrect and that it has connected to a different router. I only have one network and am using a firewall. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Officejet 6700 Premium. Probably 7 or, 8 years old at least. It was working fine until recently and has simply stopped responding.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP Pavillion Windows 7 professional

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About two weeks. I don't use the printer that often. I don't really know of any particular instance that caused the problem. I removed the printer and reinstalled it this morning. Checked my router (which seemed to be working fine) and attempted several times to get the HP install helper I downloaded to recognize the printer, but it keeps telling me the IP address I type in is incorrect.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing more that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

About two or three weeks. I don't use the printer that often but I need it to work now and it won't. I can't believe I get charged $28 dollars for you to ask me how long............?

We are not a free service and it is a one off cost.

Are you wanting me to cancel or resolve this?

Cancel

Flagging for a refund