Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a HP officejet 4650 printer and have used the CD…

Customer Question
I purchased a HP...

I purchased a HP officejet 4650 printer and have used the CD to place the printer program to work with my computer. However, when I attempt to print the computer is saying that the printer is offline or not connected. I have changed the USB plug to a different one thinking the plug was bad, however that did not make any difference. It is showing that the documents I wish to print are being held in queue. Any suggestions? Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Printer is brand new, just purchased yesterday. It is a HP Officejet 4650

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC with operating system being a Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We have been unsuccessful since installing the printer to have anything print. Nothing pops up it just says items to print in queue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need some advice or troubleshooting tips to get the printer to start working

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 9 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Can you please check on what port the printer is set to

1. In the Search box type Control Panel.
  2. click Control Panel (Windows Application).
  3. click Devices and Printers.
  4. right-click the desired printer.
  5. click Printer Properties.
  6. click Ports.
  7. There should be a tick next to USB?