Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is offline, and it is greyed out in the panel. HP…

Customer Question
My printer is offline...

My printer is offline, and it is greyed out in the panel.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Officejet 5745

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC OS 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened within the last week. I tried printing tonight, and found out it was offline. I have been trying to get it back on for the past couple of hours. I'm ready to dump it. You are my last resort.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 9 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,