Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Nothing! absolutely nothing! I have run all the trouble

Customer Question
Nothing! absolutely nothing!...

Nothing! absolutely nothing! I have run all the trouble shooting It says ink is ine and it runs paper thru when I say print. But it puts nothing on the paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon i470D

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I do not know how old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Pc windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer was given to me nothing happened. just installed acts like it works fine. just no ink at all going on paper run all trouble shooting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
11/7/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please try a test photocopy, of one page placed face-down on the scanner glass sheet. Does that come out at all?

Please Reply, let me know the result, and I will help you further according to that result.

this is a i470d it does not have a scanner glass.

My apologies - I realize this is not an all-in-one printer with scanner or photocopy capability.

Well, it's not easy at this point to tell whether the problem's in the printer's inking system, or in the printer software on the computer. So, please tell me: can you print a configuration sheet, or a Nozzle Check page perhaps, from the printer's own Menu - e.g. Settings or Setup, then Maintenance, then Nozzle Check ?

John, Computer Science Engineer