Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is printing only in black.grayscale. Hp 605 dn 10 years…

Hi, it is printing...

Hi, it is printing only in black.grayscale

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Hp 605 dn 10 years ole old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It had been working but then stopped printing in red, I took it to get repaired. It printed the test page in color, so I assumed it was fixed. But when I brought it home and tried printing in color, it won't.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am using generic toners.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2017
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello, what operating system are you using? Windows 10?

Please download the newest drivers --

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL56274/hv-135377-x/HP_LaserJet_M605_Full_Software_and_Drivers_17284.exe

If you do not have Windows 10, change it to your appropriate operating system.

Let me know if you need further assistance! If I helped, please let me know that I was able to assist by rating me 1 - 5 stars! Other, feel free to ask additional questions!

Hi Harold, this did not solve the issue. Do you have other advice?
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.

Do you have any luck when attempting to print a test page? How long ago did you attempt to have it repaired?

Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Please click the following link to allow remote access --

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c011de9a-fd28-439d-afb7-294ddef9d993

I have sent you my contact information in case you are away from the machine at this time. When you return, please contact me to schedule a time that we can work together, or to see if I am available at that time to assist.