Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have HPJ3680. The message I get is that there is an

Customer Question
I have HPJ3680....

I have HPJ3680. The message I get is that there is an error,cartridges are jammed. Please tell me how to lunjam the cartridges;.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Hpj3680

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. The last thing I did was to put new cardridges in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need help with my printer,not the computer.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
10/21/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This message indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.