Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Replaced new ink cartage and will not print.. paper goes in…

Customer Question
Replaced new ink cartage...

Replaced new ink cartage and will not print.. paper goes in printer sounds like it wants to print but no ink.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Photosmart 6520 all in one. about 7 years old. worked fine but not now. it took me about 2 weeks before I could get ink. and printer just was not used.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell computer windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Everything worked fine. before replacing ink cartage, just got message of low ink

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need ink to print

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
10/20/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please remove all of your ink cartridges then insert them back firmly into the carriage and close the lid.

Now,

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician