Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Trying to set up HP office jet pro 6968.....I think the set

Customer Question
up ink cartridges were damaged...
Trying to set up HP office jet pro 6968.....I think the set up ink cartridges were damaged and the screen reads...one or more of the cartridges are missing or damaged. when I try installing new ones....it tells me to use the set up cartidges.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Brand new....purchased last week from staples
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am just trying to get it set up for my cousin. Out of the box it has not been set up or used.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I know right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
10/19/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 month ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back firmly into the carriage and close the lid.

Now,

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

John, Computer Science Engineer