Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I not able to take out my toner cartridge the lever is not…

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi there ...

Second opinion] hi there

Technician's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I not able to take out my toner cartridge the green lever is not here.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Brother MFC-7340

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Its a hardware issue so dont know how long. Might be last time when i replaced cartidge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not see any green lever before you transfer to exper are you guarantee to fix the problem?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
10/19/2017
Technician: Wes, Consultant replied 9 months ago
Wes
Wes, Consultant

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Are you still having trouble with your printer?

I am unable to take out the toner/cartridge unit.
But time is the key now. Can you help in 5 minutes?

The toner should just pull straight out of the machine, you don't need to access the "green lever" until you get it out

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00000065_068

Dude, I know that. But it got stuck somewhere on LEFT side (our left side if we face the printer).

Will it go back in?

In the link that you sent, read #4. It says -- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. I don't have green lever.
It's inside the printer. Now I need to replace the cartridge and for that, I need to take out the drum/cartridge unit.

You may not see the green lock lever until you get the drum/toner assembly out. Step 4 shows the unit outside the printer

I have done this many times before but first time it's not coming out.

I'm going to try to find an exploded view of the printer for you. Maybe the drum is getting hung up on something... or are you saying the green release tab broke off inside?

I agree with your answer. Step #3 should be straight forward, i had done many times before. But it's not coming out now. The green tab is NOT broke off inside for sure. It was not there when I put the cartridge in last time.
I am a technical person and hence know the basics. Do you think something is preventing it to get out?

If you have to leave, just let me know. I can look for an exploded view and send it and we can pick this up later if necessary

Yeah, something is probably hanging up on it, but in order to give you a better idea of what, we'll need some sort of diagram

Let's try NOW. This is urgent for me.
Do you think this kinds of "mechanical" or physical problem would be solved remotely?

Well we don't do in home service.

In any case I've found the service manual for it: http://www.riocopy.com.br/arquivos/imagem/PDF_brother_service/SM_7030_7040_7045.pdf

For a physical/mechanical problem like this, all I can offer is resources and info to help you physically correct the problem. That's what we do here.

Ok, but being technical I had gone through all these before contacting you.
Let me go. I don't think the problem you can fix remotely.
Thank you for the try though.

Did you see the post on cnet about this?

It's for a different model, but it mentions the same sort of problem... no green lever so the toner/drum unit gets stuck

If you've been through all of this, then yes, you're probably going to have to take it in to be serviced.