Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

KEEPS COMING UP with 1259 code error, not sure how to fix…

KEEPS COMING UP with...

KEEPS COMING UP with 1259 code error, not sure how to fix it

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Just a sec

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

TS 8060

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sorry, error 1240

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Happened yesterday only got it like 2 days ago

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This error is a paper output fault,

that can happen if there is a jam, something blocking the output tray, or if the output tray is not pulled out completely. Please check the area where the printed page exits the printer for any obstruction and that the try is fully extended then try to print again and let me know how it works.

I've done that, can't print

Can you please clarify which specific error you have right now? I was referring initially to the 1259. Are you seeing that, or something else?

still 1259, and nothing is obstructing it

Are you sure that all of the access/operational panels are closed?

I'm using windows on a PC. I've checked a few times, and there is nothing blocking there

I'm talking about the printer itself though not the computer. Any of the paper trays, ink access compartment, rear door, etc being open or obstructed can cause this.

thanks, ***** ***** as I can see, there is noting, and it is Canon ts8060. Sending it back to the shop.

If it is less than a year old I would certainly either pursue a warranty claim through canon or ask for a refund/exchange from the store, if there is no obstruction then it is a deeper hardware fault at this point and warranty repair/replacement is your best recourse.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Thank you Nathan. Sure I'll rate you high :)

You're very welcome!

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer