Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I can't get it to feed paper to print. A brother hl-2240. Pc…

Customer Question
I can't get it...

I can't get it to feed paper to print

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

A brother hl-2240

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started last night

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know enough about this to offer any thing else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
10/17/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the error you get when you try to print to the printer?

Thank you

the error light flashes
this is a rip off goodbye

ok

i wish to continue as a chat

Sorry I am confused, you just called me a rip off... but now you wish to continue, is this the case?

My understanding was that for paying 23 dollars I would get an answer on how to fix the printer. All I got was a request for more money, that seemed like a rip off, my apologies, I would like to solve this problem

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

For the printer problem

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

thank you

you are welcome

Let me know the results please

the error light still comes on

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

John, Computer Science Engineer