Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer tells me the ink levels are low can not print i…

Customer Question
my printer tells me the...
my printer tells me the ink levels are low can not print i changed both cartridges and still tys same message . officejet 4630
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/12/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

no it did not fix the problem

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.