Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Paper Jam message. I have repeatedly followed the…

Customer Question
I have a Paper...

I have a Paper Jam message. I have repeatedly followed the instructions for clearing a jam but it keeps giving me the same message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Officejet Pro 8600. Guessing five or six years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a Toshiba Laptop and I'm using Windows 2010. I hope that's what you meant, I'm not real computer savvy.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We returned to our Florida home and I turned on computer. It was printing some documents that I did not need (long story) and I cancelled the printing. Probably about ten documents. Then I had a paper jam, I cleared it and it keeps giving me the paper jam message. I have removed the rear access panel at least a dozen or more times, opened the front cover of ink cartridges as well. I get discouraged, turn it off and walk away. When I turn it back on I get an Improper Shutoff message telling me to use the on/off button which I do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess that's it. Thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It started happening when we returned to our Florida home where this printer is located. When I turned the printer on it started printing documents that I did not need. So I cancelled the printing. I had a paper jam which I cleared. From that time on I get the paper jam message. I have turned everything off and started over several times. Each time I turn the printer on I get a message that says Improper Shutdown. I have turned the printer off with the on/off button so I don't understand why I'm getting this message. I hit OK and then I get the paper jam message.
No, I do not want to spend any more money. I feel that the money I have already been charged is wasted. I can not make myself clearer, I do not want you to charge me any more money!!!! This was a waste of my time and money.