Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is saying there is no ink when i just replaced…

Customer Question
My printer is saying...

My printer is saying there is no ink when i just replaced the cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson CX8400

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The printer was working and then the ink ran out so I replaced it, now the computer is saying there is no ink so it wont print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Now the printer is saying it's offline and that there are 5 documents waiting

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/7/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 10 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!