Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get a copy of black ink items to the left of the original…

Customer Question
I get a gray...

I get a gray copy of black ink items to the left of the original print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

SP 830DN, one year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It started when I changed toners

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I use a Mac, latest OS. This has been happening for about a month. If I print in 1200 dpi, it is less than if I print in 600 dpi.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/6/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me or share a screenshot of the issue you are receiving? I suspect we need to have a nozzle check? Is the Ricoh printer working fine previously?

Thanks,

Kumar

This is a laser printer, not an inkjet, it doesnt have nozzles.
It was working well before.
No thanks.

Can you please reboot the printer

• Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  • If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
This is ridiculous, I do not want to waste my time with such answers.
Bye.