Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is saying the ink levels are not enough for installation.

Customer Question
It is saying the...

It is saying the ink levels are not enough for installation. They are new, not the ones from the packaging in the printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

WF-3720 Workforce Pro

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I got it on Tuesday!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened. It said it was processing and then it dinged the message

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/6/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please try the following and let me know what happens.

1. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
  2. Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
  3. Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
  4. If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
  5. Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
  6. Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
  7. Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists let me know.