Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is a 7820N and the message keeps saying "close the back…

Customer Question
It is a 7820N...

It is a 7820N and the message keeps saying "close the back cover"-I have closed everything that "looks" as though it could be called a cover but no luck....can you help ?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Brother MFC 7820N

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am merely trying to photocopy.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I turned it on,placed the sheet to be copied in the usual place and pressed"Copy"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No- just what do I do to get it working as usual (and to get rid of the message telling me to close the back cover !

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
10/6/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 11 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the Brother MFC 7820N printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff