Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MF 2217 dw image class. For a number of weeks now…

Customer Question
I have a MF...

I have a MF 2217 dw image class. For a number of weeks now the Error light has been blinking and there is an error message " size/settings mismatch, Drawer 1, G-Ltr" with "resume" and "Cancel" boxes at the bottom. I have tried without success to go into Paper Settings , tap on the Tray or Drawer 1, then check paper size (freq used) and paper type. None of the above seems to "take" and when I click on resume it just prints another copy of the last document processed and then revert to the same error message all over again. Can you help me straighten this out so that I can do multiple copies through the manual feed without it freezing up every attempt with the same error message after the first copy is completed? Thx

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Image class MF 227 dw.....maybe 2 years old or so.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am not printing from a computer. This is a copier.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Please reread my initial message. your questions were all answered there except "what happened right before this popped up"......I do not recall.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Geez.....no. Let's get on with it!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 11 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks