Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My hp printer is off-line; how do I fix this.. I'ts about a…

Customer Question
Good morning, my hp...

Good morning, my hp printer is off-line; how do I fix this..

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'ts about a year old...HpEnvy5660

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, not sure of the O not sure of the OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It It's been an issue for a few weeks; everything was working fine

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there and welcome. Is the printer connected to your computer via USB cable or are you using it wirelessly?

Wireless

Thank you. We need to determine the status of the wi-fi connection.

On the printer control panel, touch the wireless icon and then touch Settings (the gear)

touch Print Reports

touch Wireless Test Report.

The page that prints will give you information about the printer status, hardware

(MAC) address, and IP address. If the

printer is connected to a network, the test report displays details about the network settings.

Let me know if the report shows those details.

Is the Wi-fi light on the printer a solid blue color?