Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting Drum Error, Ive taken ito out moved the blue…

Customer Question
I keep getting Drum...

I keep getting Drum Error, Ive taken ito out moved the blue tab a told and replaced it also ive pusjed the optiond button and pressed number 1 till accepted displayed. I've replaced the toner cartridge with a brother unit and still problems.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Brother MFC7220

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since yesterday, I tried to print then copy. Changed the toner cartridge but no go

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want this printer to work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
10/6/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When was the drum last replaced? It sounds like you replaced only the toner, is that correct?

never replaced the drum,

That is the issue here then, the drum is separate from the toner. If you are getting a drum error even after cleaning the corona wire, then the drum is at the end of life and needs to be replaced. Drums are good for about 12,000 pages on average, so typically you should expect to replace the drum about every 5-6 cartridges.

The part number is ***** You can get one here: http://amzn.to/2yLiTg4

honestly though for the cost of the drum, I'd consider buying a new printer entirely, this one is a 2006 model, well over double its service life at this point. You can get a brand new model with a fresh warranty (and with a brand new drum and toner included) for not much more.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?