Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MP560 printer that says: "Printer error has…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MP560 printer that says: "Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center." At the top of this message is the number B200. Please help!!!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Canon MP560

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just tried to print something and this popped up. No prior issues.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this B200 error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?