Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HL-3170cdw which I'm using for the first time with…

Customer Question
I have a HL-3170cdw...

I have a HL-3170cdw which I'm using for the first time with output which I want to print as the colors are displayed on my monitor but the printer colors are a significantly different hue than displayed on the monitor. I ran the calibration routine but there was no change in the output. I'm using a six week old HP 23es Display and Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Win 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is the first time I've printed anything in color where the difference in hue was of concern.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

May I ask how old the printer and the ink cartridges are?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

What is the fee for your service?

It appears that you were charged $33 for this task.

Please cancel the service and the charge.
I'll contact Brother for help.

Okay. I will do so.

Will I see a charge and a credit or no entries on my cc statement?
John, Computer Science Engineer