Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HP Design jet T520. HP DesignJet T520 2 years old-used it…

Customer Question
HP Design jet T520 ...

HP Design jet T520

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP DesignJet T520 2 years old-used it yesterday and today the screen will not power up. Yes there is power in the receptacle

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today it is an issue.I used it yesterday.No power surges etc

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
10/5/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does any sign of life, any light or indicator power light or pilot light, appear on the printer?

Try re-seating the power cord at both ends. Try a different outlet altogether to plug its power cord into. Press the Power switch firmly. - Any results?

I just tried another outlet. we tested the outlet that it is plugged into and it is getting power. it is as if there is no power. I tried opening the door on the front. Pressed and held the on off button. It worked fine yesterday and today there is nothing.

No lights, no activity, nothing. That is a problem for sure... let me check on options for this case, circuit breakers, main fuses, anything of the sort. Meanwhile, check the length of the cord for fraying, severe bending, cuts, breaks, strains, bulges (which can mean breaks inside the outer casing, too)... starting where it goes into the printer, and along its length to the plug. (This will make sure you have the right cord plugged in, of course...also.)

Also: 1. is the blue power light On ?

2. open the roll cover, see if the printer suddenly comes to life...?...

3. look inside... opening all easily opened covers. Any lights anywhere, perhaps a green light near where the power cord goes into the printer?

4. check near where the power cord goes into the printer... any switch, or push-button, there? if so, check that - if it is a sliding switch - it is not set to '240' or '220 V' or the like. (If a sliding switch is set to '120' or '115' or '110', then leave it as it is.)

Let me know what you find out, please.

I think it's safe to say that, once the things I suggested have been checked on and done, the power supply for this printer might need replacing. It seems they do fail fairly often-enough that it is mentionable as the first thing to try replacing.

The power supply is, according to one HP page, the "CQ890-67089 AmpXL 5V Power Supply SV".

--- Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)