Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have an ET 4500 and all of a sudden it says it is in

Customer Question
We have an ET...

We have an ET 4500 and all of a sudden it says it is in "error mode" happened before and we rebooted and worked fine, but now that doesn't work. any ideas

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Installed it in Jan 2016 and model is ET-4500

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC....one desk top and one laptop. Microsoft window 10 I think it is..whatever is the most recent.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Worked yesterday...then tried to print some pages from a web site, but then rebooted and while the pages didn't print other things did. then today it printed the first five pages of a 10 page document that had been emailed to the laptop and all of a sudden we got the error message. says there are 6 print jobs in the queque

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is it...just how to get it printing again.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

happened once yesterday and rebooted the printer and was fine. happened again this morning and this time reboot did not work
happened once yesterday but rebooted printer and all was OK. Reboot did not work this morning when after printing 4 or 5 pages of a report, the error message came up and now nothing will print.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done

OK thanks, ***** ***** connect it back up please?

Doing so now

Ok great let me know If this helps

Did not

Okay what's the exact error?

Just says error and four documents waiting

Can I connect please?

To what,. How and do I have to pay more because I am not in a position to pay more

It's optional and system generated.

Continue with no remote assistance?

Can not pay more...does this mean we r done

No we can continue without the remote assistance.

How much is your original cost?

33 if satisfied
  1. Press the button, if necessary.
  2. Press the up or down arrow button to select Setup > Maintenance > Reset Ink Levels.
  3. Press one of the Start buttons, then press the OK button.
  4. Press the OK button again.
Had to pick a color so picked black and then ok but now stuck in that screen

Okay give it a reboot now and see If that helps

Still says in error state

As you've already done the reset it sounds like a hardware issue, it would be cheaper for you If you replaced the printer and did not get it serviced.
I can get prices for various different parts but you're looking at around $300 as these units are no longer "in-life"
Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credit with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ok

sure....how do I do that?